Student Health Services
* SPECIAL ALERT *
As of March 16, 2020 Student Health & Wellness Services is closed for in person counseling
and medical appointments due to the elevated threat of COVID-19 in the Santa Barbara
In order to meet the needs of our students during this difficult time, we will be offering telehealth support to students. If you are having an emergency, please dial 911.
|Contact Alyson Bostwick at: email@example.com , or Lacey Peters at: firstname.lastname@example.org and a Personal Counselor will reach out to you via email or by phone regarding mental
health support, resources, and referrals.
(Please include your K number and phone number in the body of the email).
|Contact Laura Fariss at: email@example.com and a Registered Nurse will reach out to you via email or by phone regarding medical
support, resources and referrals.
( Please include your K number and phone number in the body of the email).
Below is a list of important medical and mental health resources that can help support you:
Santa Barbara County Public Health Department for latest COVID-19 information:
Cottage Hospital Emergency Services:
Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics:
Mental Health Resources:
Are you Experiencing a Mental Health Emergency?
In the case of a physical or mental health emergency, Please Call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.
Emergency and Crisis Hotline Information
If you or someone you know is at risk for harm to self or others and you want to talk to a mental health specialist immediately, call one of the crisis numbers listed below. Help is available.
Text COURAGE to 741741 (24-7)
- Santa Barbara County Department of Behavioral Wellness, Crisis Response & Service Access Line 1-888-868-1649
- Safe Alternatives for Treatment of Youth (SAFTY) SAFTY 1-888-334-2777
- Ventura County Healthcare Agency, Crisis Response & Service Access Line 1-866-998-2243
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- Cottage Hospital Emergency Room- Psychiatric Services, West Junipero St. and, Castillo St, Santa Barbara, CA 93105 805-569-7210
- SB County Behavioral Wellness Crisis Services, 315 Calle Del Remedio Suite B Santa Barbara, CA 93110 805-884-6850
- Lompoc - Adult Mental Health Services, 117 North B Street Lompoc, CA 93436 805-737-6690
- Lompoc Valley Medical Center, 1515 E Ocean Ave, Lompoc, CA 93436 (24 hour ER) 805-737-3300
- Santa Maria- North County Crisis Services, 212 West Carmen Lane Santa Maria, CA 93458 805-739-8700
- Marian Regional Medical Center 1400 E Church St, Santa Maria, CA 93454 (24 hour ER) 805-739-3000
- Ventura County Healthcare Agency and STAR Program, 1911 Williams Drive, Oxnard, California, United States Crisis Response & Service Access Line 1-866-998-2243
- Vista Del Mar Hospital, 801 Seneca St, Ventura, CA 93001 805-653-6434
- Community Memorial Hospital, 147 N Brent St, Ventura, CA 93003 (24 hour ER) 805-652-5011
- Ventura County Medical Center, 300 Hillmont Ave, Ventura, CA 93003 (24 hour ER) 805-652-6000
Additional Crisis Hotlines
- National Suicide Hotline at 877-727-4747
- LGBTQ Youth Hotline at 866-488-7386
- Translifeline at 877-565-8860
- Veterans Crisis Hotline at 800-273-8255
- Standing Together to End Sexual Assault at 805-564-3696
- Nationwide RAINN National Rape Crisis Hotline at 800-656-HOPE
- Domestic Violence Solutions Crisis Hotline at 805-964-5245
- Child Abuse/Child Welfare Services at 800-367-0166
- Elder Abuse/Adult Protective Services at 844-751-6729
Low-Cost Counseling Resources in Santa Barbara:
Community Education & Counseling Center
923 Olive St. Suite 1
Family Service Agency
123 W. Gutierrez St. 93101 (805) 965-1001
STESA (Standing Together to End Sexual Assault)
433 E. Canon Perdido 93101
24 hour hotline: (805) 564-3696
Hospice of Santa Barbara (Grief Counseling)
2050 Alameda Padre Serra Suite 100 (805) 563-8820
Acacia Counseling Center (Isla Vista and Goleta)
281 Magnolia Ave | Floor 2, Goleta, CA 93117 (805) 883-6856
948 Embarcadero del Norte | 102 Isla Vista, CA 93117 (805) 699-6668
Family Therapy Institute
111 E. Arrellaga St. (805) 882-2400
Holman Group- Psychiatry and Psychotherapy(Medi-cal/Cen-cal provider)
1 (800) 321-2843
New Beginnings Counseling Center
324 E. Carrillo St. Ste. C, 93101 (805) 963-7777
Pacific Pride Foundation(LGBTQ counseling and resources)
126 E Haley St, 93101 (805) 963-3636
Visiting Nurse and Hospice Care (Grief Counseling)
512 E Gutierrez St (805) 965-5555
Virtual Recovery Meetings in Santa Barbara:
Low-Cost Counseling Resources in Ventura:
Ventura Counseling and Wellness Center
5450 Ralston Street Suite 101, Ventura CA 93003 (805) 620-8046
Maple Counseling Center
2021 Sperry Ave #41, Ventura, CA 93003 (805) 669-8846
Ventura Community Counseling Center
2140 Eastman Avenue, Suite 112, Ventura, CA (805) 791-9700
Santa Barbara Country Resource Guides:
View/Download the Common Ground Santa Barabara County Resource Guide here.
View/Download the Common Ground Santa Barabara North County Resource Guide in Spanish here.
View/Download the Common Ground Santa Barabara South County Resource Guide in Spanish here.
Welcome to Student Health & Wellness Services we provide medical services, personal
counseling in our office in Student Services Building Room 170 , and a comprehensive
wellness program through our Wellness Center “The Well” ECC21.
Finding and maintaining health and balance in life is a challenge, but the pay offs are huge. You have power to make positive decisions that affect your academic, social and personal goals now and in your future... and we're here to help!
Is to ensure the diverse SBCC student community feels heard, respected, and encouraged to gain vital knowledge, tools, and support to move towards optimal life long health and wellness!
What does your student health fee cover?
Bienvenidos! Oprima aquí para servicios en español.
Student Health & Wellness Services are excited to partner with Student Health 101 to offer CampusWell, the new online wellness magazine for SBCC students.
Each week, students receive a brief email with health and wellness resources and articles to help support their mind & body!
Check out the online wellness magazine at: https://sbcc.campuswell.com/