Prerequisite Deadlines & Processing Information
DEADLINES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
If you submit a request after the posted deadline it may not be processed in time for you to register. We do not have the authority to add you to a course and if it is past the last day to add you may need to submit a petition for late add to Admissions & Records.
Exceptions: For early and late start courses, check the Class Schedule for important dates and deadlines. Prerequisite clearance requests are generally accepted until the Friday before the class starts, but we do not guarantee that it will be processed in time for you to register.
|Summer I 2022||Friday May 20, 2022|
|Summer II 2022||Friday, July 1, 2022|
|Fall 2022||Friday, September 2, 2022|
The deadline to request clearance of a prerequisite varies each term. It is the students' responsibility to track the deadline dates and submit their request for prerequisite clearance by the deadline. Forms received after the date(s) above may be processed for the following term.
- Verification forms are reviewed in the order they are received.
- Requests are processed within ten (10) business days of receipt of your completed form and all required documentation. This timeframe excludes weekends, holidays, and campus closures and timelines are subject to change without notice.
- Students are not permitted to enroll in courses requiring prerequisites or corequisites until their request has been approved.
- An approved petition does not guarantee space in any course.
- An add code from an instructor does not override a Prerequisite Clearance Form.
- Exceptions may be made for performance classes where students may be able to satisfy a prerequisite with an audition ( e.g. music, drama, intercollegiate sports).